From: Eric M. Ludlam <eric@si...> - 2004-01-09 23:37:06
I made some improvements to semantic-idle-summary-mode.
The changes reached out into different parts of semantic, fixing bugs
to get things to work more reliably.
Semanticdb searching was fixed up to better use project roots.
Dependency locating was fixed to handle cases where include tags were
not in a buffer.
Finally, the semantic idle summary mode was updated to first check
for keywords. It used to do a semantic search, then look for
keywords. This should speed things up.
Second, it uses semantic-analyze to determine the local context, then
uses what it finds for the message.
Lastly, it does a deep search as it did before to identify the symbol
under the cursor.
I tried it out in some C code I have here and it works very well.
It needs a system database for C code headers still. I tried turning
those on in the search and it made things unbearably slow still.
Try it out in your favorite language (except Emacs Lisp, of course.)
Eric Ludlam: zappo@..., eric@...
Home: http://www.ludlam.net Siege: http://www.siege-engine.com
Emacs: http://cedet.sourceforge.net GNU: http://www.gnu.org