From: Eric M. Ludlam <eric@si...> - 2003-08-25 17:45:09
This weekend I wanted to proof read and contribute more to some of
the doc Richard had started. I have added some more definitions to
the glossary. There are a few entries in there David may like to
fill in himself.
Anyway, I was working on the language support guide, and encountered
the doc for `semantic-flex' which Richard had written some time ago.
I thought I'd update it using `semantic-texi-update-doc-from-texi',
but it didn't work. I spent the rest of my hacking time this weekend
fixing this problem.
A primary problem was that my new find routines do not support brute
force searches. I had postponed implementing this to see why it
could be necessary. This is the why I guess, so I started that
process. Unfortunately, this didn't work out too well because
semanticdb was having trouble with finding the root directory. (The
doc used to be next to the sources.) This was a problem in EDE, so
there are some patches in EDE needed now too.
Well, once that was worked out, I discovered that I couldn't even
extract the doc from a tag. At first this was due to a renaming
problem, and then because I had turned off storing DOC in tags for
Emacs Lisp. I then re-wrote chunks of the Emacs Lisp bovine parser
to make this optional.
Well, I never finished a full review of the language support guide,
but there is a lot of code to synchronize from CVS. I checked in
what documentation changes I've made so far too.
Eric Ludlam: zappo@..., eric@...
Home: http://www.ludlam.net Siege: http://www.siege-engine.com
Emacs: http://cedet.sourceforge.net GNU: http://www.gnu.org