Drive does not accept any cue sheet variant

Help
Ito
2010-03-22
2013-04-15
  • Ito
    Ito
    2010-03-22

Hello, I'm trying to burn my first CD+G, but I have no luck…
    I pass my mp3+cdg files to cdg2bin and it makes toc and bin files without error messages.
    But when I try to burn them with cdrdao, I get " Drive does not accept any cue sheet variant - please report."
    I can't understand why…mp3 and cdg files seem ok as pykaraoke plays them fine.
    Toc file is like that:

// Track 1
    TRACK AUDIO RW
    NO COPY
    NO PRE_EMPHASIS
    TWO_CHANNEL_AUDIO
    DATAFILE "cdg.bin" 03:42:43 // length in bytes: 40864464

Can someone help me?
    Thanks in advance and sorry for cheap English!

• Kelvin Lawson
    Kelvin Lawson
    2010-03-22

Hi,

This question is probably best directed at the cdrdao developers, but it looks like this could be down to not enabling raw mode in cdrdao. Could you try adding "-driver generic-mmc-raw" to the cdrdao command line?

Thanks.

• Ito
    Ito
    2010-03-24

Thank you,  adding the parameter let cdrdao work properly, but sadly I have still problems…
    My "Canta tu" karaoke device plays only audio tracks, I can't see the lyrics, only obscured and incomprehensible images…
    Is there anything else I can try?

• Kelvin Lawson
    Kelvin Lawson
    2010-03-25

It sounds like it could be a drive compatibility issue, at least using the "generic-mmc-raw" device driver. This would be best asked on the cdrdao mailing list, as they will be able to advise on drive compatibility issues with their software, or you could try an alternative burning package to cdrdao.

• I have been having a similar issue, but I'm not sure it's an issue with cdrdao.  I checked the .toc file, and the file outputs like this:

// Track 1
    TRACK AUDIO RW
    NO COPY
    NO PRE_EMPHASIS
    TWO_CHANNEL_AUDIO
    DATAFILE "cdg.bin" 04:34:00 // length in bytes: 50306400
    // Track 2
    TRACK AUDIO RW
    NO COPY
    NO PRE_EMPHASIS
    TWO_CHANNEL_AUDIO
    DATAFILE "cdg.bin" #50306400 03:41:73 // length in bytes: 40754304

It does this the whole way through the disk. 

Now I haven't inspected the script or anything yet, but it seems to me like either a) cdg2bin.py isn't parsing the cdg files to cdrdao correctly, or something in cdrdao isn't adding the cdg's into the bin file.  The cdrdao website does advertise being able to make cd+g discs using unused R-W sub-channels

Finally, DAO recording is the only way to write data to the unused R-W sub-channels for e.g.  CD-G or CD-TEXT.  (http://cdrdao.sourceforge.net/)

I usually don't like to muck in code I didn't make, but I think I will this time because I really want to get it working, and it really sounds like it's just an implementation problem on one end or the other.

• Kelvin Lawson
    Kelvin Lawson
    2010-03-31

I didn't write the cdg2bin module in cdgtools but it looks quite likely that your drive does not support "cooked" mode, as described in the README. Cdg2bin currently only works on drives which support cooked/deinterleaved mode. The -raw option flag was added for drives which require raw/interleaved data, but was never implemented (presumably because the author did not have a suitable CDR drive to test on).

To get cdg2bin working in raw mode, it will need to carry out the reverse of the deinterleave process in the cdgparse.py module. It would make sense for this to be done by someone with a raw-mode drive, and it's a short function, so if you are comfortable with a bit of Python I am happy to provide some assistance to get you going.

Thanks,
    Kelvin.