Submit to CDDB not working

Help
2009-12-29
2014-08-20
  • David Barron
    David Barron
    2009-12-29

I'm getting errors when I try to submit a CD to remote CDDB. 

The window shows this:
    Invalid Server ResponseHTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request

Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 23:06:18 GMT
    Server: Apache/2.0.54 (Debian GNU/Linux)
    Content-Length: 331
    Connection: close
    Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1
    Invalid Server Response<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">

• Oliver Kopp
    Oliver Kopp
    2010-02-19

Same here with 1.70 beta 4.

• Parato Optimal
    Parato Optimal
    2010-02-19

I've had maybe 2 out of 30 to 50 submitions accepted.  That was YEARS ago.  The last many years every submission I've made has been rejected due to a collision.  The problem is there isn't any data to collide with.   
    Their DB tells me there's no data for a particular CD in their DB to fill my title fields.  So, I type all the info and submit it to them.  They then send me a collision notice that the data already exists in their DB for that CD.  If I again try to use their DB to fill my title fields, they have no data to fill my title fields. 

I posted in the freedb forum years ago about this problem.  There were many other such posts and there was an official notice that it was a known problem.  THEY"VE NEVER FIXED THE PROBLEM.

I don't know how there DB gets updated since almost every submission I've made through CDex because they have NO DATA to fill CDex's title fields gets rejected as colliding with an existing entry.  This occurs even with RARE, esoteric, out of print entries I've try to submit.  There's no way they have data on some of my stuff.  They still don't.  Every time I check back they still have no data and yet they reject my data as colliding with an existing entry.  There is NO EXISTING ENTRY. 

• Ahhh. So you naturally thought of moaning about Freedb here?
    Your posting sounds like it has nothing to do with CDex.
    Have you tried submitting the data manually on their web site to see if that works?
    If it does, then the problem is due to CDex.

Please report back when you've figured it out.

• David Barron
    David Barron
    2010-02-21

No Ahhh, what I'm seeing has got nothing at all to do with collisions on Freedb.  I'm familiar with those and I'm seeing something else.  Look at my original post, I am actually getting an error when I submit in 1.7 beta 4, but not when I submit in 1.51, even if the CD is exactly the same.

• Parato Optimal
    Parato Optimal
    2010-02-22

profquatermass,
    My rant was purely about feedb.  I though perhaps the OP was experiencing the same problem but it appears that he is not.

• To David:
    So why not just use V1.51?

If there are any developers still here, they'll get on it. :-)

• David Barron
    David Barron
    2010-02-23

That's what I'm doing.  But I thought the developers might want to know.

• What developers?

• David Barron
    David Barron
    2010-02-24

Well obviously I thought there were developers working on CDEX.  There must have been at one time or another.  I'd do it myself but I'm a  java programmer, so I wouldn't have much to add to the project.

• SuperFreak
    SuperFreak
    2011-01-08

I have the same problem! I just downloaded and installed CDex v1.70 B4 only for this purpose: to submit CD content to CDDB/FREEDB or whatever. Now I'm trying to make this simple thing for 1 1/2 hour, but I can't. And why am I not able to PREVIEW my post… terrible service with this software, damn it.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Content-Length: 3
    #
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    Invalid Server ResponseHTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request
    Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2011 09:54:58 GMT
    Server: Apache/2.0.54 (Debian GNU/Linux)
    Content-Length: 320
    Connection: close
    Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1
    Invalid Server Response<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">

• Thomas
    Thomas
    2012-06-10

I think there won't be an update soon.

Downgraded to beta 2. :-/

• Abdullu
    Abdullu
    2014-08-20

Remote freedb submission still doesn't work for me with currently latest CDex version, CDex 1.70 (Final release 2014).

I tried the preconfigured freedb, and musicbrainz.org ( https://musicbrainz.org/doc/FreeDB_Gateway )