CDEx dead? Developement stopped?

2007-11-16
2013-05-14
  • HaveFun2000
    HaveFun2000
    2007-11-16

In June 2006 a beta-version was released. Usually, on beta-versions a few weeks later follow a RC or the final; now nearly 1,5 years are over.

Has the developement stopped?

• ghostza
      ghostza
      2007-11-22

It looks as if they left a prefectly good product to die.

• Randy
      Randy
      2007-12-26

Who cares.  The beta was outdated.  CDex WAS a good program 5 years ago...

• TroyC
      TroyC
      2008-01-18

With CDEx apparently "dead"-- What's everyone using now? I love CDEx for simple ripping...but i'm now also using mp3gain to adjust volume...   Would entertain something that's simple, but can convert 320 to 192kb etc, grab info off cddb, and possibly do mp3 gain as well... any recommendations?

thanks..

• Paderman
      Paderman
      2009-02-07

Oh, that's very pity, this program is/was the perfect tool for audio cd ripping and it was free/open source and that was very cool :-)
      This program doesn't never die, never.

@ Admin
      This formum contents very lots of spam in new post, the poster name's anonymous.

• Simon
      Simon
      2009-05-16

I have started to look around,
      especially when I started to see problems with VNC playing my ripped mp3s,
      where it looks like CDex may be generating some invalid data (see the VNC error messages).

After some searching I have found that both
      ATunes http://www.atunes.org/
      and
      BoncEnc http://www.bonkenc.org/
      are more than adequate replacements,
      and are both under active development.

• Hoosierdaddy
      Hoosierdaddy
      2009-06-13

I just saw this thread, having already posted the same question on the 'Help' forum. It would appear to be well and truly dead, as the OP started this thread a year and a half ago and none of the dev team (if there even is one anymore) could be bothered to respond. What a shame!

I have used CDex now for years. It was, in my opinion at least, THE most user friendly CD ripper around. I could do almost anything I wanted to with it and it was dead easy to set up. I mean, I know EAC is the current "darling" of freeware rippers. But it's WAY too arcane for my liking...a true PITA to set up and use.

You wanna know the saddest part of this? CDex is open source. Which means that ANY capable developer could grab the code and start working on his/her own fork of the app. Too bad I'm not a programmer or I'd probably take it on myself. Ah well. Now the search begins for a suitable replacement.

• Hoosierdaddy
      Hoosierdaddy
      2009-06-13

I just saw this thread, having already posted the same question on the 'Help' forum. It would appear to be well and truly dead, as the OP started this thread a year and a half ago and none of the dev team (if there even is one anymore) could be bothered to respond. What a shame!

I have used CDex now for years. It was, in my opinion at least, THE most user friendly CD ripper around. I could do almost anything I wanted to with it and it was dead easy to set up. I mean, I know EAC is the current "darling" of freeware rippers. But it's WAY too arcane for my liking...a true PITA to set up and use.

You wanna know the saddest part of this? CDex is open source. Which means that ANY capable developer could grab the code and start working on his/her own fork of the app. Too bad I'm not a programmer or I'd probably take it on myself. Ah well. Now the search begins for a suitable replacement.

• It still works and doesn't appear to be broken in any way.
      If you see a place where you can improve it, go for it.