CDE can be tricky to build. Here are a list of platforms CDE is known to work on.
Got CDE working on a platform we haven't listed? Share it with us! email@example.com
Note: This is not a general support email. Such requests should be directed to the mailing list or #cde on Freenode.
1) Supported Platforms
The following platforms are supported. CDE has been built and run on these.
- All Official Ubuntu variants 12.04 and on, x86 and x86_64
- Debian Squeeze 6.0 32-bit x86, Linux 2.6.32
- Xubuntu/Ubuntu Server 12.04 32 bit x86, Linux 3.2.0
- Debian Squeeze 6.0 ARMv5el, Linux 3.1.9+ (Raspberry Pi)
- Debian Squeeze 6.0 Freescale i.MX51 SoC (Efika MX)
- Debian Wheezy and all recent releases, 32 and 64 bit.
- Debian Sid
- Debian Sid PowerPC 64 bit
- Fedora 17
- Debian Wheezy Sparc
- Red Hat 32 bit, 64 bit and x86_64
- FreeBSD 32 and 64 bit
- Raspbian (Debian Wheezy) ARMv6hf, Linux 3.1.9+ (Raspberry Pi) (you will also need to compile and install OpenMotif 2.3.3 from source)
- Debian Squeeze 6.0 32-bit PowerPC
- Slackware 64 bit 13.37
- Slackware 64 bit 14.0
- Slackware 32 bit 14.0
Note Slackbuild here for ease of installation:
- Ubuntu 12.04-12.10
- Ubuntu 13.04-14.04 (As of v2.2.2)
- FreeBSD 9.2
- FreeBSD 10.0 (As of v2.2.2: builds with clang by default, can use gcc too)
- Ubuntu LTSP (Linux Terminal Server Project), version 12.04
2) Live CDs
- CDEbian: https://andarazoroflove.org/code/cdebian/ (This appears to be dead. Download links all 404)
- Parted Magic (CDE iso here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/partedmagic/files/CDE-Linux/pmagic_2012_08_18_CDE.iso/download)
3) In Progress
The following ports are in progress.
4) Does Not Work
CDE may or may not compile on these platforms but will not actually work properly due to, among other things, dthello (the blue splash screen) getting hung up.