Two little problems with CCL.

Help
Menticide
2007-09-18
2013-04-17
  • Menticide
    Menticide
    2007-09-18

At first I want to thank you for this wonderful program! Everything works great. Starting session, ending session, swapping, rebooting and shutdown is very fast. Tariff and price are well done. Your CCL is the only program that could fit all my needs. I even managed to translate it to Russian and it still works stable. So, thank you!
    Unfortunately, I couldn't find any documentation and may be I do something wrong, but I have some problems.
    If I shutdown the server and then reboot all the clients, the CCL logo will not show and it is possible to play as much as you want. In case It is night, administrator can do this and take all the money in his pocket. Is it possible to block computer if server is unreachable?
    And there is one more problem. It occurs not very often, but still is important. If the server freezes and I reboot it, when CCL starts all the sessions are different or there are no sessions at all.
    I use Kubuntu 7,04, CCLFOX 1.6 original version without my translations, start it with user privileges on server and on client machines, and I copied certificates from your site.
    If you know the solution, please help.

My regards,

Panteleev Sergey.

• Menticide
      Menticide
      2007-09-21

Fixed it myself...

• Lazar Gyula
        Lazar Gyula
        2007-09-23

I'm interested how you did it. A patch or somerhing ??? Thanks.

• Menticide
          Menticide
          2007-09-29

In cclcfox open the file cclcfox.cpp
          There you will find the following lines:

1 "  if (CCLC_networking_init(sname,sport,cname,&error)) {
          2    clientwin->getApp()->addTimeout(this,CCLCFox::ID_CHECKEVENTS,100);
          3    CCLC_send_cmd(CC_GETSTATUS,NULL,0);
          4    networking = TRUE;
          5  } else {
          6    switch (error) {
          7      case CCLC_ERROR_CONNECT_FAIL:
          8    fxmessage("[!]Could not connect to the server\n");
          9    networking = FALSE;
          10    break;"

Add "lockScreen();" after the line number 8 like this

1  if (CCLC_networking_init(sname,sport,cname,&error)) {
          2    clientwin->getApp()->addTimeout(this,CCLCFox::ID_CHECKEVENTS,100);
          3    CCLC_send_cmd(CC_GETSTATUS,NULL,0);
          4    networking = TRUE;
          5  } else {
          6    switch (error) {
          7      case CCLC_ERROR_CONNECT_FAIL:
          8    fxmessage("[!]Could not connect to the server\n"); lockScreen();
          9    networking = FALSE;
          10    break;

Well... Currently I am testing this... patch or something... so I can not tell you about the result.,, but this has solved a lot of problems.

If you have any questions, ask.

• LuckAs
      LuckAs
      2007-11-12

Thanks for you patch! Will try in my club (regard from Ukraine)

• Menticide
        Menticide
        2007-11-13

Значит ты всё-таки выбрал CCL? :)
        А сколько компов у тебя в клубе стоит? У меня после того как перевёл 30 компов (сейчас 46) проблем с программой стало больше. Почему-то появляется ошибка сегментации... а после того как она появляется, на половине компов отключается клиентская часть програмы... приходится перезагружать её. или же в лог не падает. Но я надеюсь с этим справиться в ближайшее время.
        Вообще этот патч уже устарел. Я сделал так: если в течение 3-х минут нет связи с сервером, компьютер блокируется. И перезагрузить можно, и своровать сложней.
        Вообще много клубов на Украине перевели на никсы? Я читал какую-то инфу года 2001-го, но там клуб был всего 20 компов...
        Если захочешь поговорить в целях обмены опыта, пиши vovin-pantic@list.ru.
        Удачи!