Affichage GRIB

Help
2009-06-05
2013-05-20
  • Renard Thomas
    Renard Thomas
    2009-06-05

Hi,
    I just installed this great program on my linux machine. Ubuntu 8.04.
    Some function doesnt seem to work correctly:
    - GRIB files are not displayed on the map (I tried different grib files suppliers Zygrib, USgrib, meteofrance)
    - "Help" button is not giving anything except for "preferences" in french

I am just discovering this Capcode program and I am not a develloper, can somebody help me.
    Thanks

• Yoda044
      Yoda044
      2009-06-05

Hi ahd270,

Could you give me some informations?

- Which version of Capcode do you use? 0.9.1 beta? from SVN (revision)?
      - Have you correctly activated the display for GRIB file?

For the moment, Capcode supports zyGrib and Grib.us. I will check if Capcode is compatible with Meteo France grib file.

For the Help menu, you don't have the index or About menu?

Could you provide us a dump of the error from the output, if you know how to do.

• Renard Thomas
      Renard Thomas
      2009-06-05

My version of Capcode is 0.9.1 beta, the most recent available
      I think I did activated the display for grib files (the topleft button ?).
      It seems that the Grib file is loaded as the "next" and "previous" button are activated. It is just not shown anywhere on the map file.

In the help menu I dont have the index nor the About menu, only the preference one.

For the dump of error I have no idea how to do. The Terminal wich doesn't show any error message.

For the moment i dont have any postioning system connected i will received my GPS USB in a few days.

I would send you pictures of my screen if only i could post them with this message!!??
      Thanks for your help

• Yoda044
        Yoda044
        2009-06-05

Hi,

To see error ouptut, you need to edit the capcode.xml file under the configuration folder. Change the value between debug tag to true. The output would be more verbose.

When you load a grib file, Capcode does not scale the window to the grib data. You should use Grib.us grib files. The support for zyGrib is not integrated to the current version and is only avalaible under the SVN.

Please send us this file and any revelant picture to our sourceforge mail (userid@users.sourceforge.net ).

• Renard Thomas
      Renard Thomas
      2009-06-06

Hello again,

I finally managed to get Grib Files on using GRIB US. It seems that many GRIB files providers are not usable with my capcode version.
      In the readme.txt file of my Capcode, it is said :"4 CHANGE LOG", "Zygrib files are now OK". What shall I do to read Zygrib Files?

About the error output, I edited the capcode.xml file as u said and the Terminal is giving me much more information but still doesnt give anything under the about and the index buttons. these 2 commands (about and index) are the only ones who dont give anything in the Terminal.

• Yoda044
        Yoda044
        2009-06-06

I will add a regression bug in the bug tracker. I have a version which supports the zyGrib format but, i think i have forgotten to commit some files.