CamelBones and Leopard again

Help
2009-10-29
2013-04-25
  • Hi all,
    am trying to get this beast to ride on a Leopard, but cannot seem to.

1) I'm trying to compile but fail miserably.
    With just the 1.1.0 code checked out, ffcal-1.0/callback complains about trampoline_r.h.in missing (which is true, but I don't know why.)
    With ffcal and libffi installed through fink and both configure and the makefile configured to look there, I can build if I manually go to every subdirectory in CPAN and do the xsubpp stuff with the right relative path to the typemap. I do get warnings like the following, though:

ld warning: in /sw/lib/libffi.dylib, file is not of required architecture

And my application using CamelBones just segfaults.

2.) I couldn't find the patched 10.0.3 anymore and tried to patch it myself by symlinking /Library/Frameworks/CamelBones/Libraries/darwin-thread…5.8.6…. to …5.8.8…. CamelBones/Resources/5.8.6 to 5.8.8 and /Library/Perl/5.8.6/darwin-thread…. to the 5.8.8 directory.

Didn't help either.

Could anybody please do either:
    A) Tell me exactly what he/she did to compile 1.1.0 on Leopard
    B) Tell me what the required hacks are to apply to 1.0.3 to get it to fly
    C) Tell me of a good way to test that the segfault is actually caused by CamelBones rather than the application.

TIA,

Karl.

• If you are using the app-embedded form of the framework, you can try grabbing http://www.noderunner.net/~sparks/temp/CB-1.0.3-snowleopard-appembed.zip - though it lacks the normal optional Perl packages.  Sherm is working on putting together the installer for a new version now; I think all that remains is all the various included 'kits' need to be tested on the various systems.

If you want to build 1.1.0 yourself, you'll need to build 10.3 through 10.5 support on 10.5, and 10.6 support on 10.6 (my method), OR you'll need to install Perl 5.8.9 on 10.5 before building (Sherm's method).  This is kind of a pain right now, which is why CB2 is going to use a static libperl to avoid this Dependency Hell.

Hope that helps!

• (I do also have system and libembed forms of the SnowLeopard-friendly builds and an appembed from after we updated the version to 1.1.0, I just don't have them anywhere handily accessible via a URL.  If needed, though, I can put them up.)