Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

How to install CB 1.1.0-minmal

Help
kittekat
2007-12-19
2013-04-25
  • kittekat
    kittekat
    2007-12-19

I downloaded "http://homepage.mac.com/seattlesparks/CB-1.1.0-minimal-embed.zip", expanded it and moved the folder CamelBones.framework as replacement under Developer/CamelBones/Frameworks of a CB 1.0.3 installation.

But still I don't see the "Perl / Cocoa Application" type in the "XCode / New Project" selection.

What step did I miss?

my system is a Mac mini / Intel with Mac OS X 10.5.1 (Leopard) and XCode 3.0

• The 'minimal' package was just a testbed build of the framework to make certain that Perl projects did not explode when the framework was replaced. 

The real CamelBones 1.1.0 (including bundled CPAN modules, Xcode 3 templates, an installer and so on) isn't ready yet.  We'll try to get the templates and installer done soonish. :)

• kittekat
      kittekat
      2007-12-19

Thanks for the fast reply - I am looking forward! I got my Mac mini with leopard, so I have not seen CB in action. After several years of programming in Perl on different unix based platforms I am very curious on this experience. Educated in physics I started programming in 1968 (of course in FORTRAN) and collected experiences in a lot of operating systems until I met Mac OS X about one month ago. And I am still enthusiastic. I would like to start generating programs within the Cocoa framework without the necessity of learning also a new language (Object-C). So there is at least another one interested in CB in spite the feeling of Sherm, that everybody wants to use Ruby or Python