Menu

Time Display

Rick
2006-10-31
2013-04-12
  • Rick

Rick - 2006-10-31

This is the first calendar program that comes close to doing what I have been looking for.

Great start on a potentially great calendar script.

I really do not need to see a time in each event.  My events run min. one day to up to 10 days. 

Is there a way to diable the time from diplaying ?

As an alternative solution is ther a way to code a carriage return after the time so that the event title shows up in the calendar on a seperate line from the time ?

Anyone have any ideas?

Rick

• Jude Yancy

Jude Yancy - 2006-11-01

Yes it can be done but it will require manual code modifications. Hopefully you know PHP coding. The files that render the calendar views are located in the /cxlib/cxdisplay/ folder i.e. cxcalendardayview.php, cxcalendarlistview.php, cxcalendarmonthview.php and cxcalendarweekview.php. Within this files are the functions that output the event information including the time value. Without going into too much detail, the idea would be to modify the output functions so that they omit the time value.

• Rick

Rick - 2006-11-01

Thank You for your quick response.  After working with the calendar for a while I have decided to let the time show.  I have been inserting a <br> before my summary text.  That way it displays on a seperate line from the time.  Is there a place I can insert this function in the code so that alll summary text will automatically display on the next line down ?  I basically use Month display. 

Thank You,

Rick

• Jude Yancy

Jude Yancy - 2006-11-06

To do that, open the file cxcalendar.php located in the base folder and in line 890 add the code below

$componentTime .= "<br />";

This should be right before the line that begins with $componentHTML .=

Basically what this does is add a breakline after the time.