From: Amit Chatterjee <amit.chatterjee@ca...> - 2006-07-17 10:48:03
SipExchange 0.0.3a released
Many new features added
July 16, 2006,
We are pleased to announce the release of SipExchange r0.0.3a. This is
an Alpha release to give users a preview of the system.
SipExchange is an open-source softswitch that provides standard SIP
services like registration, proxy and presence. Using the SipExchange
application, service providers can offer telephone services to their
subscribers as well as other services based on voice, video and instant
messaging. SipExchange supports many of the standard subscriber features
offered by the traditional telephone exchanges and PBXs. In addition,
SipExchange supports external call control capabilities using which
service providers and software developers can create new features and
services rapidly and plug them into the SipExchange application.
Major new features have been added since the previous release. The
following are the highlights of the release.
1. The following subscriber features have been added:
1. Call forwarding
2. Call Screening.
2. The following system-level features have been added:
1. Multiple Appearance Address: One number rings many phones
2. SIP Gateway: Allows communication with a SIP carrier or
3. Code coverage tool added (only of importance to developers).
4. Many bugs have been fixed.
If you have any questions about the project, please contact us by
sending an email to sipexchange@...
-- CafeSip Team.