What the files are:
wep*.rgb file are the icons that represent each
type of flag, both good and bad. the file names
are expanded to wep<FlagAbbrv>.rgb, wept.rgb
would be for Tiny wepl.rgb for Lazer.
stat*.rgb files are for player status.
statalive.rgb .... a smiley face, player is alive
statdead.rgb ..... skull and crossbones, player is dead
statobserve.rgb .. magnifying glass,player is in
observer mode (@)
statsealed.rgb ... envolope, player is in a block with OO
statzoned.rgb .... (P), player is zoned with PZ
hud.rgb is the background for the new ControlPanel
*tbold.rgb files are the new graphics used for
hud.diff is the source code diff created with
cvs diff -u > hud.diff from the root bzflag
README is this file, duh.
The included patch does the following:
1) Removes the current ControlPanel and adds a new
2) Modifies the current HUD
3) Adds a new texture to the SB
This is the same as the SB patch listes seperatly.
Its included here so I don't loose the code, if the
SB patch is not accepted into CVS it will be removed
Items to do:
1) There is a color issue with the new ControlPanel from
what I can tell the last color used while displaying
the HUD isn't "freed" and is then used while adding the
2) Remove the second from the right opening on the top
hud.rgb graphic - its not used *
3) Add a symbol to the ControlPanel when the user is an
admin (/password has been accepted)
4) Reimpliment a transparent ControlPanel as a non-default
option. This should be better organized than the old one
looking much more profesional (nonthing agenst the
5) Add a new menu item to switch between the new default
HUD and ControlPanel and a new, non-existent transparent
HUD and ControlPanel.
6) Remove the current Radar and Panel transparency option
while the new HUD and ControlPanel are selected.
* Being worked on
Ideas not totally though out:
1) When a key is pressed during the game, and you are
automatically pause the game & show a screen that
easy - point, click - access to admin options
If you would like to help out at all, please add diffs
this patch. For example for someone to get to where
your at, they
would apply the original patch, then yours. This saves
having to dload the graphics over and over, and helps
me out in the
process on incorperating your work into this patch.