Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

How does Burn determine CD-TEXT information?

Help
David H
2011-09-19
2013-05-14
  • David H
    David H
    2011-09-19

I am trying to use Burn to create audio CDs with CD-TEXT data from AIFF, WAV, and MP3 files. The CDs seem to burn and play quite nicely, however the text data appears to be missing from some of the tracks when I load it into a Pioneer CDJ-200. I presume this is because some of the files were AIFF, and don't have any metadata, such as MP3s do with their ID3 tags.

How does Burn determine what the CD-TEXT information is going to be, and is there any way to manually edit it before burning?

• LOUDtheMC
    LOUDtheMC
    2012-01-08

Having the same problem but i cant get any of the info to show up. Did you ever find anything out?

• LOUDtheMC
    LOUDtheMC
    2012-01-08

I figured it out, felt dumb afterwards, lol. Apparently you have to enter in the data manually before burning the disc. once you have the tracks added to burn you have to click on each one individually and then click on Window>Inspector (or hold the apple key and push i on keyboard). Fill out each track this way. then at the top where you write in the cd name, click in it and do the same thing to add cd name and artist name for the disc info. hope this helps someone