Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Opening Buddi brings up a blank page

Help
2013-06-24
2013-08-19
  • Robert Grayson
    Robert Grayson
    2013-06-24

When I open Buddi after having closed it, a NEW, blank page stares me in the face. The only way to re-open my statements is to look for the saved record file: Buddi BU_2.buddi3bak.buddi3, and clicking on it; THEN I get my records. But this is inconveneint, and I'm afraid if I (by mistake) hit "save" on a blank page, it will erase all my records. Can you please address this problem? I would EXPECT that each time I open Buddi (from the taskbar), my saved records would REAPPEAR! Thank you. [P.S. - WHERE is the DEFAULT file SUPPOSED to be located??]

I am using an iMac OSX 10.7.5, 2.5GHz Intel Core i5, 16GB 1333 MHz DDR3 memory and your Buddi 3.4.1.10 as recommended

Last edit: Robert Grayson 2013-06-24
  • Wyatt
    Wyatt
    2013-06-24

Buddi will remember the data file(s) which is open when you quit the application. If you go Buddi -> Quit rather than close the data file window, it should remember it. (On OSX you can go Cmd + Q to quit and it will do this).

As for defaults, there is no default file location. It is just like any other document-based application: you choose where you want your file to go. (If you were writing a document in MS Office, you wouldn't expect a default location; you would go File -> Save and choose where you want it to go).

Hope this helps!

Cheers

• Robert Grayson
    Robert Grayson
    2013-06-24

THANK you, Wyatt, for ANSWERING my question so quickly and CORRECTLY ... All problems solved, DELIGHTED with your program . . . -RG

• Robert Grayson
    Robert Grayson
    2013-08-16

Wyatt, would U consider adding features so that today's date is not lost when clicking on the most recent check; & automatically inserting the next number (in the check string sequence) when clicking "New" on the most recent check? Thanks for a great program, RG

• Wyatt
      Wyatt
      2013-08-19

I can look into this. May not be for a while... if you can open a feature request at https://sourceforge.net/p/buddi/feature-requests/ that would be great (less chance of completely forgetting if it is there....)

Cheers