Budget Category Inaccessible

General
gfg
2011-08-25
2012-12-10
  • gfg
    gfg
    2011-08-25

Several Budget categories show up in my Reports but Not in the My Budget Tab. I tried Setting Preference to "Show Categories in Flat Format (No Parent Categories) " and the result showed ONLY the Parent Categories and none of the sub categories. Is there any way that I can edit/correct these orphaned Budget Categories so that they will show up in the My Budget tab

• Wyatt
    Wyatt
    2011-08-25

Are the missing categories marked as deleted?  Try showing deleted categories…

• gfg
    gfg
    2011-08-29

Tried Showing deleted but no change in the My Budget display.  They DO show in the income and Expense by category Report. In fact there are now duplicate entries because when I noted them missing in the My Budget page, I re-created the category. Now duplicated in the REPORT but NOT Showing in MY Budget

• gfg
    gfg
    2011-08-29

RESOLVED; I was able to access the problem categories by viewing the transactions of the Source Account. From there I could see the source destination showing a deleted budget category. I could then modify the deleted categories so all is now working well again

• Wyatt
    Wyatt
    2011-08-30

Thanks for the update, and glad that you figured it out.  I apologize for not being as helpful as I should have; my wife and I just welcomed our second child into the family yesterday, and nobody has had much time for anything, let alone OSS support questions!  ;-)

Cheers

• gfg
    gfg
    2011-08-30

Thanks for reply. No apology required. I glad you have your priorities in order. NOTHING is more important than the blessing of a new member of the family.

God Bless.

• Anonymous
    2011-12-02

Hi all,
    First of all, I like to say I am grateful for a donation based financial app!
    My problem is with creating budget categories.  I see others with similar issues but I have been unable to find a resolution.
    When I create a category is does not show up in the budget tab whether it has a parent category or not. If I continue on to the transaction window the category shows up in the drop down menu.  This is not very efficient but I could live with it. The thing now is, in trying different methods I have three or for of the same categories and I am unable to delete them as well.

To be clear, the very first time I created one (a category) it DID show up under the budget tab but when I tried to change it because I thought it should be a child, that's when the prob started,  I have tried viewing unrolled but to no avail.  Each time I try to make it diff. it says you already have this category, even after Ive deleted and saved the changes.  Ive already spent much more time on this than I wanted.  Anyway if anyone has a solution Id appreciate it but I do think it is a problem with the program and not just one of operator ignorance.
    Peace and thanks
    Arthur

• Anonymous
    2011-12-02

BTW I can't seem to find the resolution that ggenaw figured out.
    A

• Wyatt
    Wyatt
    2011-12-02

It sounds like the file has been corrupted… could you send it to me, and I can take a look?  My email is on the Buddi website (won't post it here due to spam concerns).

Thanks
    -Wyatt