Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Lag

2006-07-01
2013-04-15
  • captain_duck
    captain_duck
    2006-07-01

Hey there, i've found your game via a link on www.4colorrebellion.com and ive been playing it for a few nights now, and i love it.

But unfortunatly, its quite laggy when your playing on a internet server, controls just arent all that responsive & such. And im not the only one, everyone i know says that its laggy.

I tried opening some ports myself and let the game use those but it didnt help much. Are there other things i can do against lag ? Or will it get better in later builds ?

• Armin Rigo
      Armin Rigo
      2006-07-01

In my experience, the lag is almost entierely caused by the time it takes for the data to travel between you and the server.  It means that servers that are geographically far away are generally laggy.  Many of the servers registered on the meta-server are European, so from the US or other parts of the world they are probably too slow to be fun.

Opening a inbound UDP port sometimes help, but mostly in situations of packet loss or congestion, which only occur rarely over reasonably good network routes.

• captain_duck
      captain_duck
      2006-07-01

Im from europe myself, guess i shouldnt be playing with americans :/