Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

No Pygame support

2006-09-17
2013-04-15
  • I've tried EVERYTHING for getting pygame support on Windows, and nothing seems to work... :( How about a howto for this?

• Armin Rigo
      Armin Rigo
      2006-09-17

Pygame wouldn't give you much more than the native Windows drivers for the game.  If you really want to try out Pygame, "all" you need is a correct installation of Pygame; you can check it by typing in the command-line:

python
          >>> import pygame

If the import doesn't give an error, then BubBob.py should pick it up too and you should be able to select it in the "Configuration" page.

If the problem is indeed getting Pygame installed under Windows, I can't help more than point at http://www.pygame.org/

• Pygame would give me gamepad support. Playing multiple players on the same computer is pretty useless if everyone has to use the keyboard.

Pygame is properly installed, I've actually made pygame programs myself on this computer. It just doesn't work in this game.

I've got both Python 2.3 and 2.4 installed here, and pygame for both.

• I got it to work by unzipping the pygame for python 2.3 in the game directory and run bubbob.py instead of bubbob.exe.

• Armin Rigo
          Armin Rigo
          2006-09-17

Ah, ok.  My guess is that either there is a local Python version that BubBob.exe picked up, or else  it didn't set up the sys.path properly.