Menu

Custom field bug on item page refresh after update

Help
2014-01-22
2014-02-24
  • Steve Short

Steve Short - 2014-01-22

I've installed version 3.6.2 and have added a custom field called 'Reported By' that is defined as a "dropdown / users" type.

When I update an item and the web page refreshes, the value is lost and the custom dropdown shows "[not selected]".

The custom value is correctly set when initially navigating to the item page from the 'items' link, it's just the refresh when it's updated that is failing to display the correct value.

If an update is made to the refreshed page without manually selecting the correct value for the custom field (i.e. actual value in the database) then the value is updated to "" (i.e. not set).

I don't think this is a permissions issue and I have a similar (but not identical) 3.3.5 installation that also has a "Reported By" custom field defined as "dropdown / users" and this works fine, i.e. the value is correctly set when the page refreshes after the item is updated.

Any ideas what the problem might be ?

Best regards.

• Raph

Raph - 2014-01-27

Hi Steve,

I faced a similar issue.
    You can check my post there :
    https://sourceforge.net/p/btnet/discussion/226938/thread/3ca451e4/
    Title is "Users list become empty after saving a bug"

Regards,
    R

• Steve Short

Steve Short - 2014-01-28

Raph, thanks for the response - very helpful. I'll give your suggestion a try.

• Steve Short

Steve Short - 2014-01-30

Raph, thanks for the suggestion - it's fixed the issue.

• Corey Trager

Corey Trager - 2014-02-24

Sorry for the delay guys. I plan to merge Raph's fix into the code and release in April. Thanks Raph.