I use SBM regularly on my older 586's and love it!
But it doesn't work on my (686) ABIT KT7A-Raid systems.
I get the error "SBMK BAD!".
I know it's installed correctly because I can move the
drive to my 586 (Shuttle 591P) and SBM works fine. I
google'd and found 4 other references to this problem.
Three of them had ABIT motherboards: KG7, KG7-Raid,
and ABIT unspecified (the 4th was a Pentuim 133). My
ABIT KT7A-Raid is a successor to the ABIT KG7-Raid and
I have the same problem.
Here's some details to help investigate:
- I've tried playing with every Motheboard BIOS setting.
- I've tried switching the drive from the ATA100 IDE
connector to the standard connector
- I've tried using an ATA133 Controller Card in a PCI
disabling the MB's ATA100 controller).
My ABIT KT7A-RAID has an AMD Thunderbird 1400mhz, 512MB
Memory, Maxtor 120GB harddrive.
All other boot managers work fine on this system including:
- GRUB (whether installed by Debian, SuSE, or RedHat)
- Bootman (included in BeOS 5)
- GAG (another one from source forge)
I've tried the latest 3.6 & 3.7 versions of SBM and
both have this problem.
If you have any fix attempts, you can email
Richard0291@yahoo.com and I'll be happy to try them.