I have gone through the prior years' work(source code) on Materials Database. I have found a minor improvement which can be done. The present code for example the login page(and many other pages) redirects the user to brlcad.org for the required task but since the brlcad.org does not have this source code on its server at present, the desired contents are not displayed.
I have created a config.php file which has a variable "$siteUrl". By including this file wherever required the code starts working using the relative paths. I have tested this patchfile on various systems by applying this command "patch -p1 < material.patch".