Till the point of the midterm evaluation, I have done the following :
1. Two patches were submitted-- both were test cases for programs in
src/libbu-- the BRL-CAD utility library. One was for testing ctype.c, the
other for bitv.c. Both of these patches were accepted after modifications.
2. A code for the voxelization of an object/region in a specified directory
using the raytrace algorithm's results was written. The raytrace hit
function gives the various partitions encountered by the ray along its path
alongwith data about thickness, region name etc. This information is used
to ascertain whether the region fills a value greater or lesser than the
3. various (user specified)parameters like size of voxel, level of
detail(Which is basically number of rays per row) were added to the basic
voxelization for flexibility to the user. Also there is also a callback
function given as a parameter to the voxelization code so user can decide
how he wants to use the results of the voxelize algorithm.
4. the addition of the voxelization algorithm was done to libanalyze and
the function prototype was done in analyze.h.
5. Additions are presently being made to libged to create an mged hook for
'voxelize' command. Also, a g-voxel.c program has been written(in src/conv)
as an example usage of voxelize.
Thanks and regards,