Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Light Shading

Help
2009-05-26
2013-04-22
  • Jason Duvall
    Jason Duvall
    2009-05-26

I am attempting to use 3 different light sources to highlight my target geometry.  I have defined each source as a red, green, and blue light sources respectively.  The intent is to demonstrate areas on the target having line of sight to all three colors should be depicted as white (255 255 255).

My current attempts have only yeided white areas that have specular reflectivity to the eye position.  I don't have a lot of experience with light sources, is there any recomendations for tutorials or settings for this issue.

Thanks.

JD

• Sean Morrison
      Sean Morrison
      2009-05-31

JD,

I wrote up an article on Friday that explains how lighting in BRL-CAD works using three RGB lights as an example.  I tried to pay particular attention to covering diffuse reflectivity, specular reflectivity, ambient lighting, and light intensity.  Hopefully it helps explain things a bit for you.  Your feedback would be welcome!

Cheers!
      Sean

• Sean Morrison
        Sean Morrison
        2009-06-02

Hm, I guess it would have been more helpful if I told you where I put the article!

http://brlcad.org/wiki/Lighting

Cheers!
        Sean