Can't find the application after installing

Help
2008-02-10
2013-04-22
  • Jon Hutchinson
    Jon Hutchinson
    2008-02-10

I downloaded BRL-CAD 7.10.x for Mac PPC last night and installed it. Now I can't find the application anywhere on my computer! It's not in the applications folder, on the desktop, or anywhere else I've looked. Even 'find' can't find the application, only the .dmg and the package. I'm using an iBook G4 running OS 10.4.10.

Thanks,
    Jon

• Sean Morrison
      Sean Morrison
      2008-02-16

Jon,

Thanks for the question.. alas it's been asked and answered before -- please see this thread:  https://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1592375&forum_id=362510

As soon as the new website comes on-line, this will be sure to be one of the FAQ entries. Or maybe by then we'll have it working through Aqua instead of X11.  ;-)

Cheers!
      Sean

• Jon Hutchinson
      Jon Hutchinson
      2008-02-20

Thanks, Sean. Can you direct me to the place on my Mac where I can enter the sudo, etc. and uninstall the program? I tried 'Terminal' and it asked for my password, which, I assumed, was my computer password, but all I got was an error message. Sorry for being such a geek.

Jon

• Sean Morrison
        Sean Morrison
        2008-02-20

You do type the command into Terminal.  It'll prompt you for your password, and you will need to be an Administrator on your computer for it to work.  If you get any other error, then you're typing something wrong.  It needs to be exactly:

sudo rm -rf /usr/brlcad

To verify if/when it's gone, you can run "open /usr" in Terminal and make sure there is no brlcad directory listed.

Cheers!
        Sean