Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

7.12.0 : issues

Help
2008-03-26
2013-04-22
  • Wim Bokkers
    Wim Bokkers
    2008-03-26

Hi,

I downloaded the 7.12.0 sources and did a build with Visual Studio 2008 (I had to build rtlib first before building other projects).

Then I copied the brlcadInstall directory to another computer. Trying to run anything resulted in an error stating that the computer was not properly configured.

On my machine, I had no trouble running mged. Nice!

But on trying rtweight on a geometry I got the error: "rtweight.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close". The exception occurred in osfinfo.c at __lock_fhandle.

I'm using a density file with the following format:

materialnumber    density    description

Any thoughts on this? Do I need to wait for the 7.12 setup?

Wim

• Sean Morrison
      Sean Morrison
      2008-03-27

Wim,

Huh, that's odd -- that said, the NSIS installer would be what you should be using to do the install, not copying the directory around.  The NSIS installer for BRL-CAD should have been automatically built when you ran the build.  There's a test build NSIS installer for 7.12.0 uploaded to our anonymous ftp server ( ftp.brlcad.org/incoming ) , you can give that a try too.

That said, it sounds like it may be a bug regardless..  Presumably the density file you're trying is known to work just fine on *nix?

Cheers!
      Sean

• Wim Bokkers
        Wim Bokkers
        2008-03-27

BTW, Thank you for your quick answer, Sean!

The density file works fine on Unix.

• ted creedon
        ted creedon
        2008-03-27

can someone post a how to for captcha?
        I can't get into the brlcad site

what domain do I use the sending or receiving?

etc

• Wim Bokkers
      Wim Bokkers
      2008-03-27

Hi, I can't find the installer after the build.

I tried the test build NSIS istaller. On starting most of the executables starting with 'rt', I get the message:

"The system cannot execute the specified program."

• Sean Morrison
        Sean Morrison
        2008-03-27

Really?  Well that's certainly NFG..  Hrm.

The installer probably isn't there because you don't have the nsis tools installed.  Forgot that they are implicitly required.

Cheers!
        Sean