Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

I-MAC install does not run (repost)

Help
2006-03-25
2013-04-22
  • Hey I get this error message how do I get this to run under the i-Mac. here is a screen dump.

Jeff

Last login: Fri Mar 24 21:02:42 on ttyp1
    Welcome to Darwin!
    jeff-rossels-computer:~ jeffrossel$ export PATH=/usr/brlcad/bin:$PATH
    jeff-rossels-computer:~ jeffrossel$ mged

Initializing and backgrounding, please wait...X Error of failed request: BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation)
    Major opcode of failed request: 129 (Apple-DRI)
    Minor opcode of failed request: 1 ()
    Serial number of failed request: 34
    Current serial number in output stream: 34

• Sean Morrison
      Sean Morrison
      2006-04-08

That's really odd.  Haven't seen that error before on a Mac system.  Is this an old iMac perchance?  You might be able to work around the problem by changing your display settings.  E.g. changing your display resolution or setting the number of colors to something different.

If that doesn't work, you can invoke mged in a classic console mode that doesn't require OpenGL (or you can compile your own version that doesn't link against OpenGL as well).  To do that, run:

mged -c

and select X as the attach type.

Cheers!
      Sean

• Sean,

I am getting the exact same error message.  This is a new install on a mac power book (intel). (the only difference is that for the serial number I have 35 instead of 34.

Also,
      I have found that the redirected input for the windows version of mged does not seem to work.

Thanks
      Bob Sanders

• The Tipp with the "mged -c" works for me... else got the same Probs with MBP. Shure there is missing some OpenGL-support.

Tipe the X in capital letters. Small ones wont work.

• Sorry, still doesn't work. can't open the gui.

• Sean Morrison
        Sean Morrison
        2006-05-20

If this doesn't work on an Intel Mac, let me just say that Universal binaries are completely untested.  I don't have my hands on an Intel Mac suitable for testing purposes yet.  I suspect there will be problems, however, if you attempt to use the PPC-built binaries on an Intel Mac at this time.  You'll need to compile BRL-CAD from source code for now.

Cheers!
        Sean