Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Compilation error

Help
Silvrous
2012-11-26
2013-04-22
  • Silvrous
    Silvrous
    2012-11-26

I keep getting the error :
    "CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:434 (_message):
      Could not find at least one of Tcl, Itcl or Tk libraries in /usr/lib,
      /usr/lib, and /usr/lib - please specify the parent directory for the
      libraries in the TCL_BIN_PREFIX variable (e.g.  ${TCL_BIN_PREFIX}/lib)
    "
    I've tried a couple of environments, and they all give the same error.

• Cliff Yapp
    Cliff Yapp
    2012-11-26

silvrous,

Can you post your CMakeCache.txt file somewhere?  It shoulds like BRL-CAD isn't properly detecting all of your Tcl/Tk installation, but we need more information about what pieces it isn't seeing.

Also, what tcl/tk packages do you have installed?  (particularly interested in tcl-dev, tk-dev, itcl-dev, and itk-dev - they have slightly different names depending on the platform, but basically the development packages for tcl/tk and itcl/itk.)

• Sean Morrison
    Sean Morrison
    2012-11-26

That's really odd that the VM image didn't work.  I've tested that myself.  Did you update the svn sources before compiling?  Might be something introduced recently.  Adding -DBRLCAD_BUNDLED_LIBS=ON will get you past that error, but thanks for helping us pinpoint the cause.

• Silvrous
    Silvrous
    2012-11-26

i did do an SVN checkout, but to a different folder than brlcad-svn. I'll check another image tomorrow, but for now, enabling bundled libs worked, it's compiling. Thanks.

• Sean Morrison
    Sean Morrison
    2012-11-26

Did the provided brlcad-svn folder give you that error as well?

• Silvrous
    Silvrous
    2012-11-26

Yes, but since I modified the image, I can't be completely certain I didn't accidentally modify the initial setup as well.

• Silvrous
    Silvrous
    2012-11-26

I've figured it out, the image works fine unless the libtnt-dev libpng12-dev zlib1g-dev libsm-dev tcl8.5-dev tk8.5-dev itcl3-dev package suggested in the compiling section is installed, that was causing the error.