Lost in BRL-CAD ans its docs

Help
2009-11-18
2013-04-22
  • Sean Morrison
    Sean Morrison
    2009-11-19

Hi André,

Thanks for the words of encouragement.  We do need to work more on our documentation (so much to do…), but hopefully some of your questions can be answered.  Please don't hesitate to ask more questions.

First, I would recommend using the Documentation available  before using the html documentation that is installed.  The MGED tutorial series, for example, is considerably more comprehensive than what is supplied.  The Quick Reference sheet can be very helpful for remembering commands.

: http://brlcad.org/wiki/Documentation

That said, thanks for pointing out the problem with that html link.  Someone will look into it.

Did you also have a question about the "Faceplate"? It's basically a status bar and information panel at the bottom of the graphics window.

As for that last Window - you can ignore it.  We'll work on finding a way to make it disappear in the future, but for now it serves to set up some environment parameters to MGED starts cleanly (e.g., so it can find the html documentation).

Cheers!
    Sean

• Thanks Sean for this really fortwith reaction. Yes I have been exploring quite thoroughly the website-documentation. Even downloaded to my PC practically all of the PDFs there. The screenshot s(1-2) sent are from the User's Manual contained in the Help-menu.

I think that following some of the tutorials offered will help me to better understand the overall working philosophy of BRL-CAD. As well as monitoring the new threads on the various forums.

Thanks for your willingness to enlighten me about things I cannot make out by myself.