Help
Andrew C
2009-02-14
2013-05-23
  • Andrew C
    Andrew C
    2009-02-14

Hi Nick,

The arpeggiator seems to be broken in 0.30.5, whenever you play some notes and then turn off the arpeggiator, those notes are all played together as one chord.

Is there a fix for this? I was trying to get some C64 arpeggios going. :-)

Thanks,

Andrew Coughlan.

• Nick Copeland
      Nick Copeland
      2009-02-15

Hi Andrew,

This is kind of known. I will work on a fix.

Nick.

• Nick Copeland
      Nick Copeland
      2009-02-16

A fix has been submitted under bug id 2602222 or just drop a line here if you want to get the arpeggiator.c file attached to that bug id. The fix should cover all the 0,30 stream and will be submitted into 0.30.6 for general distribution (assuming you agree with the result).

You need to put the file in bristol-030.5/bristol and then make install in that directory.

Regards,

Nick.

• Nick Copeland
      Nick Copeland
      2009-02-18

Hi Andrew,

Did you manage to test this fix? Just curious about whether it did what it was supposed to.

On a related note, what did you mean by C64 sequences - Commadore 64?

Regards, Nick.

• Andrew C
      Andrew C
      2009-02-22

Hi Nick,

I just got back last night from a school trip to Poland and I haven't had a chance to try it out. I will test it later tonight and get back to you.

Thanks,

Andrew Coughlan.

• Andrew C
      Andrew C
      2009-02-22

Yeah, the arpeggiator seems to stay silent when turning off the arpeggiator on the Juno emulation.

And yes, I am talking about Commadore 64 style arpeggios. They're amazingly cool!

• Nick Copeland
      Nick Copeland
      2009-02-22

The current arpeggiator plays note in a 'FIFO' style, ie, they are scanned through in the order you play them. That is perhaps not correct, some synths would scan them in 'keyboard order'. With FIFO playing you should be able to achieve the same except you have to play the notes in sequence. Release 0.30.6 now keeps a map of the active keys so having an arpeggiator option for keyboard ordered notes is probably going to be an option in a present release.

Pleased the code sounds a bit better.

Regards, Nick.