Help
dinux64
2007-12-07
2013-05-23
  • dinux64
    dinux64
    2007-12-07

Hi,

Bristol starts with /usr/local/bin/startBristol [-alsa], but doesn't work ok with option [-jack].

Normally jack works fine with for example jack-rack and ardour...

:(

• Nick Copeland
      Nick Copeland
      2007-12-07

Hi Dinux64,

Bristol does work with jack, there are drivers for the jack interface. If you can give me some more information regarding error messages when you start bristol then I will try and advise on what needs to be done to resolve your issue

Kind regards,

Nick

• dinux64
      dinux64
      2007-12-07

Thanks for your reaction.

It works with the option [-jack]

But not if I start qjackctl first.... And If I want to start jack connect, jackconnect doesn't work. The messages of jack are unclear (the display of it)...

• Nick Copeland
      Nick Copeland
      2007-12-08

Hi There,

A couple of things. When you did the ./configure did bristol report that it found the jack files it needed? At the end of the configure operation you should see a report on what has been found. If it reports jack as true then it should be available. Perhaps try 'ldd /usr/local/bin/bristol' do make sure the jack libraries are linked in.

Then a very stupid question but I have to ask it: do you type the following:

% /usr/local/bin/startBristol -jack

You do not need the square braces. In fact, if you include them then it will not see the options '-jack', so bristol will assume you want the -alsa interface. This will work if jack is not running since the ALSA audio interface is available. If you have started jack already with qjackctl then it owns the audio device and bristol will fail, not being able to open ALSA.

Regards,

Nick.