Help
Andrew C
2009-07-29
2013-05-23
  • Andrew C
    Andrew C
    2009-07-29

Hey,

I got an M-audio oxygen 61 key midi controller today that has 15 buttons, 9 sliders and 8 knobs for all my hands-on synth programming needs!

But I'm stuck here, I can't seem to get Bristol to change from Bank 1 to Bank 2 and the output of Bristol seems to be not recieving these changes:

MIDI Program changes are in the GUI
    midi callback: c0, 3
    midi program: c0, 3
    midi callback: c0, 2
    midi program: c0, 2
    midi callback: c0, 3
    midi program: c0, 3
    midi callback: c0, 2
    midi program: c0, 2

I can change presets, but not Banks. :/

Thanks,

Andrew

• Nick Copeland
      Nick Copeland
      2009-07-29

Hi Andrew,

Bank select is not implemented. I can change that pretty quick though I think and as I am hacked off with working on the MIDI redistribution code I would be very happy for something else to while away my time. Let me see what I can do.

Regards, Nick.

• Nick Copeland
      Nick Copeland
      2009-07-29

Will also get rid of the 'Program change are in the GUI' message, it was put in as a bit of information regarding the requirement to attach your controller to both GUI and Engine. That is now generally known and on top of that it will be superfluous when the damned message redistribution code works.

nick

• Nick Copeland
      Nick Copeland
      2009-07-31

Hi Andrew,

What emulator are you using? Do you get any messages when you change a bank? Some of the emulators already change the bank internally but only load a new memory when you change the program. What I intend to do is add code to load memories on bank change or program change and also update any displays the emulator may have (they don't all have displays).

There will be some quirks - loading memory 2 bank 2 will be the same as loading memory 22 (bank zero) for example.

If you let me know which emulators you have been testing I will get you a sample file so you can test it. Some of the display update code is specific to each GUI.

regards, nick.

regards, nick.

• Andrew C
        Andrew C
        2009-07-31

Hmm, Well I was fiddling around with the polysix, but I'll try some of the other emulators and report back.

Andrew.

• Nick Copeland
      Nick Copeland
      2009-07-31

Andrew,

Let me get you a modified poly6 file that has by Bank code in there - it should at least load memories when you change banks although the GUI buttons may not track the changes you make. I can do that, its just more work.

regards, nick

• Nick Copeland
      Nick Copeland
      2009-07-31

You are quite right about the messages not getting there as well - only prog change comes in currently. In short, don't both testing anymore, let me get you some sample code first.

regards, nick

• Andrew C
      Andrew C
      2009-08-01

Also, FWIW, the polysix changes banks by going to double figure programs.

I.e Bank 1 Program 1 is 1 while Bank 2 Program 1 is 11.

Andrew.