Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

High Note Priority for Polysix?

Andrew C
2009-08-05
2013-05-23
  • Andrew C
    Andrew C
    2009-08-05

Hi Nick,

What would I have to change in the Polysix code so that the default mono mode is high note priority? I'd like to play the polysix with 6 voices to one key with HNP basically, instead of HNP with 1 Voice.

Andrew.

• Nick Copeland
      Nick Copeland
      2009-08-06

Ok, the default Mono mode is last note preference, ie, all voices are assigned to the more recently pressed note. I thought that was now the original worked however I could see some nice uses for all six voices slightly detuned and a monophonic HNP playing style, that would be serisouly fat.

Let me look into how the two code sections can be merged: I have one assignment algorithm for polyphonic voices (which does last note precedence Mono mode as well) and a separate code section which does what I would call true High or Low note precedence but only works in Mono mode - no multivoice assignments can be done with this piece.

Regards, nick.

• Andrew C
        Andrew C
        2009-08-09

By multiVoice assignments, do you mean that the mono code can only do 1 voice per key, but not 6 Voices per key? I look forward to it, it should be good fun. :-)

Andrew.