222 lines (182 with data), 8.2 kB
Version 0.61 (2012-04-01)
* Add README file.
* Add --update switch to make it easier to download the last development
* Also detect grub2 files when they are located in /grub2 or /boot/grub2.
* Make sure that BIS is run with bash as shell interpreter.
* Added --stdout switch: write results to standard output instead of a file.
* "boot_info_script.sh" file renamed to "bootinfoscript".
* List EFI boot files.
* Fix displaying of config file string for some grub2 (v1.99) binaries.
* New GUIDs added: - new GUID for Linux basic data partition
- Chrome OS partitions
* Check for root rights before checking the list of all needed programs, so
it works also correctly on systems where not all programs are in the $PATH
variable of a normal user.
* Detect if xz or lzma is available on the system (replaces unlzma command).
* Add filesystem info for the detected Windows boot sector code.
* Fix a crash in BIS which occured when processing a modified grub4dos boot
loader file which inserts a SLIC table in the ACPI table.
Version 0.60 (2011-05-17)
* New maintainer: Gert Hulselmans.
* BIS is now released under the MIT license.
* Add this CHANGELOG file.
* Source code changes are now tracked in git:
* Big source code reformatting and cleanup of the code and comments.
* The output file can now be specified by adding the filename as argument:
bash ./boot_info_script.sh <outputfile>
* Display help when invoked with the -h, -help or --help switch.
* Gzip the output file when invoked with the -g or --gzip switch.
This option will make 2 files: an uncompressed and gzip compressed file.
* Warn the user if multiple boot_info_script.sh files are found in the same
directory (file downloaded multiple times with Firefox, Chromium,... ):
boot_info_script.sh boot_info_script(0).sh boot_info_script(1).sh
* Add a lot of GUIDs to the GPT Partition type list.
* Grub support code is rewritten and now handled by one function.
* Add Grub2 v1.99 support.
* Display the embedded Grub2/burg config file.
* Syslinux support added:
- Check if Syslinux can find its second stage.
- Display the version number.
- Display the Syslinux directory in which Syslinux will look first for
its config file.
- Display content of Syslinux config file.
- Display the ADV.
- List all COM32(R) module files and display the major version number.
* Support mount paths with spaces.
* Support more than 26 drives.
* Add detection for the following MBRs:
- Different Syslinux MBRs and versions (standard, GPT and ISOhybrid)
- SUSE generic MBR
* Add detection for grub4dos installed in the PBR.
* Add detection for FreeDOS PBR code.
* Add detection for ReactOS PBR code.
* List additional boot files when found:
- SYSLINUX/EXTLINUX: ldlinux.sys and extlinux.sys
- Grub4dos: grldr and grldr.bin
- burg (Grub2 based): /burg/core.img and /boot/burg/core.img
- Grub2: added /boot/grub2/core.img as alternative location
- FreeDOS: kernel.sys
- DellDiagnostics: dellbio.bin and dellrmk.bin
- ReactOS: freeldr.sys qnd freeldr.ini
* Display offset of file on a disk in GB and GiB for Grub(2) and Syslinux.
* Display embedded config file for Grub4dos/WEE.
* Most lines in the output file are now 80 characters or less.
* Prefer gawk above busybox awk (nawk 1.3.3 has to many bugs).
Version 0.55 (2010-02-15)
* Show blkid info for all drives.
Version 0.54 (2010-02-14)
* Display boot_info_script version and release date when invoked with the
-v, -V or --version switch.
* Save boot_info_script version and release date in the RESULTS.TXT file.
* Workaround for blkid -p, when this parameter isn't supported by blkid.
Version 0.53 (2010-02-12)
* Use "sfdisk -s" instead of "fdisk -s", when available.
Version 0.52 (2010-02-12)
* Add /wubildr, /ubuntu/winboot/wubildr, /ubuntu/winboot/wubildr.mbr and
/ubuntu/disks/home.disk to the boot programs list.
* Handle output of newer versions of filefrag correctly.
Version 0.51 (2010-02-04)
* Add io.sys, msdos.sys and command.com to the boot programs list.
Version 0.50 (2010-01-29)
* If a filesystem is already mounted, use the current mountpoint instead of
creating a new mountpoint.
* Search all RAID drives detected by dmraid.
Version 0.49 (2010-01-26)
* Add initramfs to list of files used by grub.
* Add Acronis SZ PBR detection.
* Scan also drives without a partition table, but with a filesystem.
* Display only the mount output for partitions and drives.
Version 0.48 (2010-01-12)
* Add "ls -R /dev/mapper" output.
Version 0.47 (2010-01-09)
* Add a separate list for finding config and boot program files on FAT
* Add Paragon MBR detection.
Version 0.46 (2010-01-07)
Version 0.45 (2010-01-07)
* Check if all needed programs are available before running the rest of the
* Detect extended partitions linking to another extended partition.
Version 0.44 (2009-12-31)
* Add Linux Software Raid (dmraid) support.
Version 0.43 (2009-12-30)
* Rewrite LVM support code.
* Rewrite Wubi support code.
Version 0.42 (2009-12-20)
* Add LVM support.
* Add GUID for BIOS Boot partition.
Version 0.41 (2009-12-08)
Version 0.40 (2009-12-07)
* Display the directory for which core.img of Grub2 looks for its config file
and module files.
Version 0.39 (2009-12-05)
* Add support for getting the Slackware version info.
Version 0.38 (2009-12-05)
* Add support for differenciating between Windows Vista and Windows 7 as OS
installed on a certain partition.
Version 0.37 (2009-11-28)
* Small fix for Grub2 v1.97 support.
Version 0.36 (2009-11-19)
* Add proper Grub2 v1.97 support.
Version 0.35 (2009-11-15)
* Save the RESULTS.TXT file in the home dir, when the script is located in
/bin, /sbin, /usr/bin, or other system folders.
Version 0.34 (2009-11-14)
* Disable some parts of the Grub2 v1.97 support code, which currently doesn't
work, due missing parts.
Version 0.33 (2009-11-13)
* Add Grub2 v1.97 support.
* Add Syslinux, Truecrypt and Master Boot Loader MBR detection.
Version 0.32 (2009-04-17)
* Add Acer 3 MBR detection.
* Fix losetup --sizelimit problem (not supported on older versions of losetup).
Version 0.31 (2009-04-14)
* Some small changes related to BootIt NG.
Version 0.30 (2009-04-10)
* Only use the first listed mount point when multiple are found by mount for
the same partition.
Version 0.29 (2009-03-25)
* Check if /etc exists, instead of /etc/lsb-release, before getting the distro
version out of /etc/issue.
Version 0.28 (2009-03-22)
* Add Wubi detection.
Version 0.27 (2009-02-22)
* Reorganisation of the partition table function.
Version 0.26 (2009-02-20)
* Add Fat32 PBR detection.
Version 0.25 (2009-02-15)
* Add /Windows/System32/winload.exe to the boot programs list.
* Add some missing partition IDs and their full name.
* Add Solaris MBR detection.
Version 0.24 (2009-02-01)
* Display full name of partition ID.
Version 0.23 (2009-01-29)
* Add HFS+ GUID.
* Add GAG MBR detection.
* Add BSD 4.4 Fat32 PBR detection.
* Display fake hard drives.
Version 0.22 (2009-01-25)
* Unmount partitions afterwards, when they were not mounted before running
Version 0.21 (2009-01-23)
* GPT support added.
* BootIt NG partition table support added.
* Check for overlapping partitions.
* Check if logical partitions are inside the extended partition.
* Display the location (on the drive) of files read by Grub.
Version 0.11 (2009-01-12)
* Adds support for reading the partition table.
Version 0.10 (2009-01-09)
* Initial release by Ulrich Meierfrankenfeld with help from caljohnsmith.
* The birth of boot_info_script: