- Easy-to-use (repair in 1 click ! )
- Free (GPL open-source license)
- Helpful (Boot-Info summary to get help by email or on your favorite forum)
- Safe (automatic backups)
- Can recover access to Windows (XP, Vista, Windows7, Windows8).
- Can recover access to Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, Fedora, OpenSuse, ArchLinux...
- Can recover access to any OS (Windows, MacOS, Linux..) if your PC contains Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, Fedora, OpenSuse, ArchLinux, or derivative.
- Can repair MBR-locked OEM computer boot if the original bootsector has been saved by Clean-Ubiquity
- Can repair the boot when you have the "GRUB Recovery" error message
- Options to reinstall GRUB2/GRUB1 bootloader easily (OS by default, purge, unhide, kernel options..)
- and much more ! (UEFI, SecureBoot, RAID, LVM, Wubi, filesystem repair...)
GET BOOT-REPAIR: whatever the systems installed on your disk, choose one of the 3 methods below:
- RECOMMENDED: boot on a Boot-Repair-Disk. Boot-Repair will be launched automatically.
- OR boot on a Linux-Secure disk, choose "Try Ubuntu", and run Boot-Repair via the shortcut at the left of the desktop.
- OR boot on a Debian (or derivatives: Ubuntu, Linux Mint...) disk, either normal session, or live-CD, or live-USB. Then install Boot-Repair in it, either via PPA for Ubuntu/Mint, or DEBs for Debian.
Launch Boot-Repair, then click the "Recommended repair" button. When repair is finished, note the URL (paste.ubuntu.com/XXXXX) that appears on a paper, then reboot and check if you recovered access to your OSs. If the repair did not succeed, indicate the URL to email@example.com in order to get help.
Warning: the default settings of the Advanced Options are the ones used by the "Recommended Repair". Changing them may worsen your problem. Don't modify them before asking advice.
GET HELP: by Email (boot.repair ATT gmail DOT com)
HELP THE PROJECT: Translate, Propose patches, or Donate (Paypal account:firstname.lastname@example.org)
DISCLAIMER: Boot-Repair is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but without any warranty. Please be aware that Boot-Repair writes logs&backups on disks, collects anonymous statistics about its use, and creates Pastebin containing basic system data such as partition labels, UUIDs and mount points (just disconnect internet if you want these data remain local).