This is mostly a bug fix release.
* Work around some Windows CMD.EXE programs that will
fail executing a totally empty batch file. -- Rene R.
* Add support for detection and building with vc9.
-- John P.
* Plug memory leak when closing out actions. Thanks to
Martin Kortmann for finding this. -- Rene R.
* Various improvements to __TIMING_RULE__ and
__ACTION_RULE__ target variable hooks. -- Rene R.
* Change JAMDATE to use common ISO date format.
-- Rene R.
* Add test for result status values of simple actions,
i.e. empty actions. -- Rene R.
* Fix buffer overrun bug in expanding @()
subexpressions. -- Rene R.
* Check empty string invariants, instead of assuming all
strings are allocated. And reset strings when they are
freed. -- Rene R.
* Add OSPLAT=PARISC for HP-UX PA-RISC. -- Boris G.
* Make quietly actions really quiet by not printing the
command output. The output for the quietly actions is
still available through __ACTION_RULE__. -- Rene R.
* Switch intel-win32 to use static multi thread runtime
since the single thread static runtime is no longer
available. -- Rene R.
* When setting OSPLAT, check __ia64 macro. -- Boris G.
* Get the unix timing working correctly. -- Noel B.
* Add -fno-strict-aliasing to compilation with gcc.
Which works around GCC-4.2 crash problems. -- Boris G.
* Increased support for Python integration.
-- Vladimir P., Daniel W.
* Allow specifying options with quotes, i.e.
--with-python=xyz, to work around the CMD shell using
= as an argument separator. -- Rene R.
* Add values of variables specified with -s to .EVNRION
module, so that we can override environment on command
line. -- Vladimir P.
* Make NORMALIZE_PATH convert \ to /. -- Vladimir P.