Compilation problem

Help
thistle
2012-12-07
2013-05-14
  • thistle
    thistle
    2012-12-07

I am implementing a C++ project using some of the boost libraries. The project is compiled on three different machines: an Intel-based, Apple laptop; a Cray X6 and a Dell multicore based on Dell C6100 servers. On the two supercomputers I am forced to use the pre-installed boost libraries.

My program compiles without any problem on my laptop. It compiles fine on the Dell-based computer (not with gcc, plenty of errors, fine with the Intel compiler) and does not compile (any more) on the Cray X6 due to a very strange problem I have never met before.

There is a problem in the linking step. The error message - if of any help - follows:

`.text._ZN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_17bad_function_callEED2Ev' referenced in section `.text._ZN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_17bad_function_callEED1Ev[_ZN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_17bad_function_callEED1Ev]' of /usr/local/packages/nag/boost/1.50/gnu/lib/libboost_program_options.a(cmdline.o): defined in discarded section `.text._ZN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_17bad_function_callEED2Ev[_ZN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_17bad_function_callEED5Ev]' of /usr/local/packages/nag/boost/1.50/gnu/lib/libboost_program_options.a(cmdline.o)
    `.text._ZN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_15program_options16validation_errorEED2Ev' referenced in section `.text._ZN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_15program_options16validation_errorEED1Ev[_ZN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_15program_options16validation_errorEED1Ev]' of /usr/local/packages/nag/boost/1.50/gnu/lib/libboost_program_options.a(value_semantic.o): defined in discarded section `.text._ZN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_15program_options16validation_errorEED2Ev[_ZN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_15program_options16validation_errorEED5Ev]' of /usr/local/packages/nag/boost/1.50/gnu/lib/libboost_program_options.a(value_semantic.o)

I am building the problems using static libraries because I am required to.

Is there anyone who can suggest or give an hint about what the problem is? I have found some info on other sites, but all of  attempts I made following those suggestions have failed.

Regards