Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

UI Considerations

2005-01-13
2012-10-06
  • First order of business.
    Thank you for developing this app. I'm an encoding dolt and was still able to rip some CDs!

Output dir.: field

Keep this protected, but let the contents be selected and copied. That would be handy for pasting into Explorer address bar.

Output dir.: Browse button

Start the browse at the current output dir. I can navigate to My Computer easily, it's harder to drill down to where output dir is presently set.

File Menus identical to Tool Bar icons.

It may be nice for some to have two ways to do the same thing. I find it annoying. The presence of both makes me think one has some feature the other doesn't. I would like to turn off one of them.

Tool bar tips in status bar

Seems non-standard to me. I would prefer a balloon type tip presentation.

Decoder help

I can google as well as the next guy, but it took me a while to find and install an mp4 decoder that would let me hear my new .m4a files through Windows Media Player 9. I used 3ivx_d4_451_win.exe found at http://www.3ivx.com/download

Keep up the great work and thanks again,
    Richard

• Robert Kausch
      Robert Kausch
      2005-01-13

Thank you very much for your suggestions. I will adapt most of these in the next release.

Output dir.: field - I will make the contents of the EditBox selectable and allow copying with Ctrl-C.

Output dir.: Browse button - OK, I will change it in the next release.

File menus identical to tool bar icons - I won't change this. I think the tool bar icons should just be shortcuts and there should be a menu entry for every tool bar icon.

Tool bar tips in status bar - I will show the tips using tooltips in the next release. I planned to implement this in the Beta 3 release, but didn't have the time to finish it.

Decoder help - BonkEnc v1.0 will include an online manual. I will include some links and tips for decoders.

Greetings,
      Robert