Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Program crashes all the time

2009-05-14
2012-10-06
  • Hi there,

sorry for the mean comment but on my machine the program crashes all the time. I was able to encode some files but now it refuses to load files at random.
    Some files loaded before but won't any more and some files didn't ever load. Sometimes it will load a couple of files and then crash and on some files it reports an unknown error.

I included the in_wm.dll and libsndfile.dll from Winamp 5.21 to get wma support.

Is there any fix for this?
    Would be really nice.

• I deleted the libsndfile.dll since in_wm.dll doesn't seem to need this file but it's still not working.

• Robert Kausch
      Robert Kausch
      2009-05-14

Hi,

The WMA input plugin is known to cause lots of crashes with BonkEnc. It was not meant to be used with BonkEnc originally, but still does the job for many people.

There are many limitations, however. The most notable one is that in_wm.dll will make BonkEnc crash on trying to open DRM protected WMA files. So you cannot open most WMA files you bought from internet music stores using this plugin.

Robert

• Man You are FAST!
      The Tags on those files seemed to be messed up. A little Auto-Tagging fixed the Problem.
      Thank's anyway.

Have a nice Day
      M