Lame compilation and command line parameters

Jaime
2013-01-07
2013-01-08
  • Jaime
    Jaime
    2013-01-07

Is the lame compilation included in fre:ac the same found on rarewaves? In that case, I would like to know wich lame command line is the one used in fre:ac when I choose this settins:
    constant bit rate to 320, quality setted at 0, stereo mode: stereo, use ATH: by default, psycho acustic model: time-mask effect checked

• Robert Kausch
    Robert Kausch
    2013-01-08

fre:ac uses the LAME DLL API, not the command line version of LAME, so there is no command line I can give you. However, "--preset insane" should be the best you can get if you want CBR 320.

You can use the RareWares version with fre:ac. Download the libmp3lame package from RareWares and copy the included DLL to the encoders/codecs subdirectory of the fre:ac folder. Remove the existing LAME.dll and LAME-OpenMP.dll and rename the new DLL to LAME.dll to enable its use in fre:ac.

• Jaime
    Jaime
    2013-01-08

OK!! Thanks a lot for the fast reply!!, I was testing the old mp3 converter i was using berfore freac (wich uses rarewaves command line version) and comparing results. I was surprised, because using freac wich the settings mentioned above, i get exactly 320kbps for a wav conversion, but with my old converter and a command line like this one: -b 320 -m s -q 0, I obtain 319kbps for the same file. Anyway, freac performs much better. Great app, Thanks!!