Erase DVD-+RW

SonWon
2006-10-23
2013-04-18
  • SonWon
    SonWon
    2006-10-23

BonFire has trouble erasing my DVD-+RWs.  I have to hand carry the DVD to a Nero system running Win XP to erase the DVD.  If you would like me to help with any testing let me know.

SonWon

• Hi SonWon,

that's interesting. Could you describe me exactly the 'procedure' you follow when you erase DVDRW with brasero (which dialogs, which options you chose, ...) and the result (what is the text of the dialog box indicating brasero failed, ...).
      Also, it would be good if you could turn one debug by launching brasero with the following command:
      brasero -g > session.log 2>&1
      Then e-mail me the session.log file (bonfire-app@wanadoo.fr) or file a bug at bugzilla.gnome.org.

Thanks in advance.
      Philippe

• SonWon
        SonWon
        2006-10-24

Hi Philippe,

Thank you for the reply.

Was I suppose to install brasero, because I didn't?  Maybe that is my problem.

SonWon

• Several people apparently ran into the same problem as you. Could you file a bug at bugzilla.gnome.org against bonfire (the name hasn't been changed yet). That way, I could concentrate all the information possible on this bug in one place.
      Please, could you also attach a log file created through the following command (in a console):
      brasero -g > logfile 2>&1

Last but not least could you give the version of growisofs you're using.

you would be really helpful, thanks in advance.
      Philippe

• SonWon
        SonWon
        2006-10-27

FYI,

For the record the error message is,

Error Blanking: The disc is already burnt.

SonWon

• Hi,
          Sorry for the delay. I had a look and you are right. It's a bug indeed, I'll fix it for 0.5.1. Thanks for reporting.
          Philippe