As previously discussed on this list, it was decided that
both ifenslave and bonding should have to handle any of the
IP settings for the slaves neither at config time or when
propagating ifconfig settings.
I took the liberty for applying that for ifenslave first.
Attached below is a new versions that has all the IP stuff
removed. I also removed some unused options, like opt_r,
that stopped working long time ago due to previous
modifications. I also took the opportunity to do a long
time waited for cleanup to make the code more structural
and with proper error handling and undo stages. This also
make the code a bit more readable :)
I'm attaching the file itself and not a patch since much of
the code moved around or changed indentation level which
would make it almost unreadable.
Looking for comments.
| Shmulik Hen Advanced Network Services |
| Israel Design Center, Jerusalem |
| LAN Access Division, Platform Networking |
| Intel Communications Group, Intel corp. |