Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Emulator window size control ?

Help
2014-03-13
2014-03-15
  • Czerno Bill
    Czerno Bill
    2014-03-13

Hello ! Using Bochs under Windows, with the default display library. I'm an old user & with my eyes getting older and older, I hoped to find a setting for resizing the Bochs emulator window (not the control console) but couldn't ! Is there a way - other than changing the global screen resolution used by Windows ?

• Georg
    Georg
    2014-03-15

The window size depends on the screen resolution the application you are running in Bochs is selecting. If your application sets it to e.g. 1024x768 and you configure a large font with your application it will be easier to read.

• Czerno Bill
    Czerno Bill
    2014-03-15

Hi Georg ! Case in mind was about legacy VGA text video "modes", where your method would not seem to apply. I was thinking of an option to increase/decrease the size of the Bochs emulated "monitor" screen globally from outside, not from inside the emulation. Such "zooming" effect would be in addition, not instead of, any window resizing occurring as a consequence of programming the video adapter in the emulated machine. Oh well let it be added to the wish list !

• The VNC viewer has exactly this ability. The VNC guest screen could be resized to any size and resolution, the algorithm used loks very similar to picture stretching.
    BTW, if you enable Bochs guest output through VNC (rfb GUI) - you could use the same feature by VNC on Bochs guest screen as well.

Stanislav