help error

Help
2010-12-29
2013-05-01
  • Windows 7
    Boa 0.6.1
    Python 2.7

When starting help the following error is displayed:

TypeError: in method 'WindowList__getitem__' , expected argument 2 of type 'size_t'

The help text still appears to work fine.

bob k.

• Bob,

Can you please provide the full traceback whenever you get one.

Are you using Boa 0.6.1 from SVN or is it the source download?

If the later you might want to get the SVN one as it contains some fixes, I think this is one of them.

Will send you my help.py off list.

Werner

• Werner,

I'm not sure what you mean by SVN?  My download was from sourceforge.

• Chelonian
    Chelonian
    2010-12-29

Bob, you can safely ignore this error-I have for years.  That said, as Werner said, you could try using SVN (which is a version control system, short for Subversion…a way to add the "latest" version of software to a repository so that users or developers can grab that version until an "official" release is made available on the website) to download the latest updates of Boa.  To use SVN, I'd see this video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR2xNBx0xxU

Offhand, I can't find the SVN login info for Boa…Werner will post it shortly, I'm sure. 

• one thing i can do, is ignore errors :)

thank you.

• I can't provide the SVN link:) as Boa is actually in CVS :) and I don't have a CVS client on this machine.   You need to check under the "Code" menu above, it lists the CVS command.

Anyhow IIRC the Help.py fix is quite simple, change the line 424 and 425 to:
            self.indexTextCtrl, btn1, btn2 = \
                    list(self.indexPanel.GetChildren())

I think it is the list(…) which was added as GetChildren was changed at some point.

Werner

• Chelonian
    Chelonian
    2011-01-04

Nice fix, Werner!  Thanks.

Che

• Yes Werner, thank you for the fix.

bob k.