small anomaly with childFrameStyle property

Help
2004-02-17
2004-02-17
  • Tim Diggins
    Tim Diggins
    2004-02-17

(on windows XP Pro, py2.3.3, wx.2.4.2.4u, Boa 0.2.8)

when childFrameStyle (Properties:General:Miscellaneous) is set to wxCLIP_CHILDREN | wxFRAME_TOOL_WINDOW (as recommended in help to stop other windows appearing in task bar). Then:
    minimising the boa constructor toolbar DOESN'T minimise the Inspector and editor windows (which is what you'd expect and is what happens when it is wxCLIP_CHILDREN)

any easy fix? Are there good other alternatives for childFrameStyle

thanks

Tim

• Riaan Booysen
      Riaan Booysen
      2004-02-17

Hi Tim,

No, no easy fix. You are running into the limitations of that frame style (an the reasons why it's not default).

BTW wxCLIP_CHILDREN has nothing to do with frame behaviour, only with frame redrawing.

You my also try the wxFRAME_NO_TASKBAR style instead (this style was added to wxWindows after the Boa docs were written)

Cheers,
      Riaan.

• Tim Diggins
        Tim Diggins
        2004-02-17

Thanks for the idea - I hadn't realised (despite the wx prefix, duh!) that these were wx constants. So I looked them up in the docs and tried out adding wxFRAME_FLOAT_ON_PARENT:

wxCLIP_CHILDREN | wxFRAME_FLOAT_ON_PARENT | wxFRAME_TOOL_WINDOW

by making sure we have wxFRAME_FLOAT_ON_PARENT as well as wxFRAME_TOOL_WINDOW, I get the behaviour I wanted (as long as I don't move the window to be in front of the main window, that is).

thanks!