Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Frame Designer error

Help
eldi
2006-10-07
2013-05-01
  • eldi
    eldi
    2006-10-07

Hi, I'm having this problem.
    I have installed wxPyPlot as  plugin, the icon of wxPyPlot appears under USER Tab, when I click on it and then on a frame into the FRAME DESIGNER all is OK, the code is generated and the aplication runs well. Then when I try to edit something and click on de Frame Designer button this error is showed.
    "Views.InspectableViews.Desiner Error: wxPyPlot.WxPyPlot.plotCanvas is not defined on the Pallete"
    and the Frame Designer doesn't open.
    Any Ideas?
    Thanks in advance.

PD. I'm using Python 2.4

• Hi eldi,

I can't recreate this problem.

What version of wxPython and Boa are you using?

Werner

• You might be using an older version of Boa, as in mine wxPyPlot shows up in LIB tab and not USER tab.

Werner

• eldi
      eldi
      2006-10-09

Thanks for answer, I'm using wx 2.6 and Boa 0.4.4
      Did you install  wxPyPlot or it came  with the Boa instalation?

• I did not install anything to use wxPyPlot.  I believe it is part of the standard wx install and the Boa plug-in comes standard with Boa.

The test I did on Python 2.5 final, wxPython 2.7 (latest preview 20061006) and a relatively recent CVS download of Boa 0.4.4 (about 3 or 4 weeks ago).

Maybe try a CVS refresh of Boa?

Werner

• eldi
      eldi
      2006-10-10

You are right Boa comes with wx.lib.plot.plotcanvas.py and its plugin script.
      The wxPyPlot that I have installed is older (2003) than the Boa ones. So I have uninstalled the old plugin and reinstalled the one which comes with Boa and now PlotCanvas appears under Library tab. But (there is always a but...) when traying to put it into a Frame this error is showed.
      - Type Error:_init_()Got an unexpected  keyword argument 'style' -

Any Ideas?  

• Hi,

Yes I did see this error on my second copy of Boa which is an older CVS checkout (at least 6 month).

When did you get your copy of Boa?  If it is pretty old I would suggest getting a newer copy, also you might have to checkout with a date October 8, 2006 as I have seen that Riaan has started a check-in yesterday.

If your copy of Boa is recent, let me know and I will try to track the problem down.

Werner

• Hi,

I mentioned this to Riaan and he said that there is an issue with plot.py in wxPython 2.6 which is fixed in wxPython 2.7.

Comparing the two I found if I change around line 466 in the 2.6 version to match what is in 2.7 then it works fine.

The change is:
            def __init__(self, parent, id=wx.ID_ANY, pos=wx.DefaultPosition,
                         size=wx.DefaultSize, style=0, name="plotCanvas"):
                """Constructs a panel, which can be a child of a frame or
                any other non-control window"""

wx.Panel.__init__(self, parent, id, pos, size, style, name)

Hope this helps
        Werner

• eldi
      eldi
      2006-10-11

Hi Werner,
      I have downloaded and installed Boa on 09/2006.
      I made the changes you proposed and things goes diferent now. No error is showed but it is still with problems, now I can click the icon and drag de control on a Frame, it appears with size(20,20), so I enlarge it to something like size(150,140)  and  the code  generated is OK, whe I reopen  the Designer, PlotCanvas resets itself to the original size(20,20). Another thing happening is that it do not recive focus when I click on it, so I must select it trough the Object Instector Tab

This is a Challenge!!!