Menu

Boa works well ...

vegaseat
2005-02-26
2013-05-01
  • vegaseat

vegaseat - 2005-02-26

Just downloaded and installed Boa Constructor 3.1 and found it to be a nice product.  I used to do a lot of Delphi coding and all looks very familiar.

I am relatively new to Python, but enjoy it immensely.  I whipped up a little calculator in less than an hour and posted it as a code snippet on DaniWeb.  I combined the App and the Frame code to make it one file for the snippet.

Now, if we could only get Boa to work with wxPython 2.5 ...

• Werner F. Bruhin

Hi,

Did you know about the wxSimpleApp?  In your wxFrame go to Menu Edit/Add Simple App.

You can use Boa with 2.5, but at the moment you have to get from CVS (tag 0.4.0 pre).

See you
      Werner

• gtrennert

gtrennert - 2005-02-28

Hello,
      I am new to cvs, so could you please tell me how to get this 0.4 ?
      Thanks

• Werner F. Bruhin

Hi,

I am on Windows, so I use TortoiseCVS (www.tortoisecvs.org) which nicely integrates with the explorer.

- Go to the folder where you want Boa to be, right click without selecting any file/folder.
        - Select CVS Checkout
        - Protocol = Password server
        - Server = cvs.sourceforge.net
        - Repository Folder = /cvsroot/boa-constructor
        - User Name = anonymous
        - Module = boa
        - On Revison tag
          - Branch or tag = Boa_0-4-0_pre

If you are on Linux or use another CVS tool the above should still get you going.

See you
        Werner

• vegaseat

vegaseat - 2005-03-03

Werner thanks for the help!

I downloaded Boa_0-4-0_pre with the help of TortoiseCVS, and got it to work with wxPython 2.5

Also thank you for the hint on wxSimpleApp, I like to have my relatively small programs all in one file.