Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Python 2.6.4 under windows 7

Eear
2009-10-28
2013-05-01
  • Eear
    Eear
    2009-10-28

I just upgraded to Windows 7 and Python 2.6.4, and when I try to install boa it pops up and error that no python installation was found in the registry; however, if I open a command window I can run python, and both WXglade and SPE work with out issue. I'm very fond of how Boa works. Are there any suggestions of how to get it to function in this environment?

• I have Boa working with Py2.6.4 and Win 7.

Which installer did you use?

1. boa-constructor-0.6.1.bin.setup.exe
    or
    2. boa-constructor-0.6.1.src.win32.exe

If the first one, then please de-install and install using the second one or even better just use the CVS copy - see below.

Best regards
    Werner

http://wiki.wxpython.org/BoaInstallGuide

* An alternative CVS client for Windows users is TortoiseCVS (www.tortoisecvs.org)

It integrates nicely with the Windows explorer (filemanager)
          - Go to the folder where you want Boa to be, right click without selecting any file/folder.
          - Select CVS Checkout (on the Options tab you can select Export if you just want the files, withou CVS control information)
          - Protocol = Password server
          - Server = boa-constructor.cvs.sourceforge.net
          - Repository Folder = /cvsroot/boa-constructor
          - User Name = anonymous
          - Module = boa

• Eear
    Eear
    2009-10-28

I used the second one.

boa-constructor-0.6.1.src.win32.exe

it's not installing, and the computer is popping up the message, "No python installation was found in the registry"

• Eear
    Eear
    2009-10-28

Ok, I think I've got it working.

I downloaded:

boa-constructor-0.6.1.src.zip

manually placed the Boa folder and then ran the boa.py and it started, and at least at this point seems to be functioning correctly. Is there any thing that usigng it this way would break?

• No problem using it that way.  I basically do the same just using a copy I get from CVS.

Werner

• Just to be sure, when you try to use the src.win32.exe installer you get the error you mention when you run the installer - correct?

Werner