I used BMF almost 10 years ago and I am getting back to it very
recently. I now need a bayesian filter to enpower my procmail MTA again
and I though, why the hell wouldn't I use just the same one I was using
before? In fact I am quite happy with it, for two or three weeks now,
but I encounter an issue about some messages that just won't be
unlearned. They keep being recognized as spam and I find it quite strange.
I have three mboxes being used by BMF:
_bmf.learn (crontab processes it nightly with bmf -s
_bmf.spam (procmail puts the spam in here depending on what bmf decides)
_bmf.unlearn (crontab processes it nightly with -n or -N, both fail
in some cases)
It seemed to me that -n and -N did work at the beginning, and maybe
still work partially, but some emails just keep being identified as spam
Note that the bmf -n and -N commands don't even exit properly (I can't
get the same exit code I get with bmf -s to let my nighly shell script
tell me everything went through).
Maybe I should have a look into ~/.bmf/*db* to try to analyse what's
working or not but I don't know how to read that content, probably a
command line associated with db4. The permissions are fine for that dot
I am using CentOS6 and db 4.7.25 on my mail server.
don't hesitate to ask if I missed some required information