Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Unable to send email to multiple recipients

Help
Sam
2011-10-31
2013-05-29
  • Sam
    Sam
    2011-10-31

Its a simple task but I am unable to do it. I just want to send email to more than one email address. I've tried to seperate adresses with comma with space and without space but every time it gives me error.

I am writing it like this
    -to sam@yahoo.com,sam@hotmail.com

and getting following error
    Specifically: the system cannot find the file specified.

If i provide single email address in -to or in -cc then its working fine.

• Chip
    Chip
    2011-11-01

Put double quotation marks (") around the email addresses, and separate each address with a comma.  In your example, the line should read:

-to "sam@yahoo.com,sam@hotmail.com"

Chip

• Sam
    Sam
    2011-11-01

Nope dint work same error.

• Chip
    Chip
    2011-11-02

I just tested version 2.7.6 with two email addresses within quotation marks, and my blat.log shows both addresses in the outgoing message.  My email client shows both emails have been received.  This feature has been included in Blat for a long time.  Version 2.7.6 is available for download from http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/blat/files/Official/ until I get it uploaded to SourceForge.net.

Did you notice that I did not include any spaces in the -to line above?  Please do not use spaces in your -to line between email addresses.

If you still cannot make it work, add these options to your command line and send me blat.log.  My home email address is chip.programmer@att.net.

-superdebug  -log  C:\blat.log

• Chip

• Sam
    Sam
    2011-11-02

I am using version 2.7.5 that is easily available for download from various links I dint find any link to download v2.7.6 the link u sent require me to join a group. I can wait for you to uplaod it to sourceforge.net, I think it may be a limitation of v2.7.5
    Yes I am not using any spaces between addresses. 

• Sam
    Sam
    2011-11-02

Oops My bad.
    If figured its a problem with autohotkey script  I am using to send email through blat. I tested the sending email to more than one email address form the command line and it worked, but when i am putting comma in the script the autohotkey script reports error tried using " " around email addresses in the script but its not working, so I need to come up with some way to make blat work with autohotkey script. Thanks anyways

• Sam
    Sam
    2011-11-02

And finally I got the AHK acript to work with blat just added a escape sequence before comma and it worked thanks Chip for your time and support, I appreciate it.