blueprints and sesame

Help
2014-05-23
2014-05-28
  • Chris Retford
    Chris Retford
    2014-05-23

Can you query the same data using either API? Or can a given graph only support one of them?

• Mike Personick
    Mike Personick
    2014-05-23

Yes, you can definitely query the same data with either API. The Blueprints layer is one layer up from the RDF layer. You can think of a Blueprints graph as an RDF graph that follows a specific pattern/schema. So you can always use Sesame to read against a Blueprints graph. You could use Sesame or SPARQL Update to write as well as long as you follow the basic Blueprints data model.

My recommendation would be to write to a Blueprints graph through the Blueprints API. We provided a bulk loader for GraphML data. You can grab some sample graph data, like the Tinkerpop Property Graph, load it into Bigdata, and then browse through the workbench to see what the data looks like in RDF.

• Chris Retford
    Chris Retford
    2014-05-23

I was able to follow your recommendation, and I can see the RDF triples in workbench. Thanks!

• Mike Personick
    Mike Personick
    2014-05-23

Great! We welcome feedback on this new feature.

• Chris Retford
    Chris Retford
    2014-05-27

Okay, now I'm trying to do this in Java:
    @Test
    public void testBlueprints() throws Exception {
    Graph graph = BigdataGraphFactory.create("/tmp/graph.jnl");
    GraphMLReader gml = new GraphMLReader(graph);
    gml.inputGraph("src/test/resources/graph-example-1.xml");
    }

But this throws UnknownTransactionStateException.

• Chris Retford
    Chris Retford
    2014-05-28

Apologies, this was my fault. I was including a version of Sesame in my pom.xml, which apparently caused this conflict. The above code works as expected now.